Download Formats: M4V, AVI, MTS, MKV, M2TS, 3GP, ASF
original title: 2012
duration: 2h 38min
tags: Mankind's earliest civilization warned us this day would come...
keywords: apocalypse, earthquake, endoftheworld, elizabethicharacter, 21thcentury, woman, chevroletsuburban, dodge, lincolnautomobile, lincolntowncar, winnebago, winnebagochieftain, ark, writer, president, cata
To start off, this movie is actually pretty good! I had very low expectations for it, but the movie has some intense, action oriented cinematic moments from beginning to end. If you a fan of action flicks and heart pounding action, then this movie is for you. Now for the obvious sides of the movie. If you are a scientific person like myself, you will probably hate this movie and bash the crap out of it. First off, most, if not all of the action sequences, are unrealistic. Crazy car driving scenes with the ground crumbling around the vehicle, planes taking off before they fall to their doom, it gets very unrealistic. Top that off with a relatively poor story line and inaccurate scientific facts about how the world is going to end, it can make some movie goers sick!
Just to end it, 2012 has some good action sequences, and the average person will most likely enjoy it. But people who like scientifically accurate movies or movies with a well written story line should pass. This is a formulaic disaster movie. The "science" behind it is downright silly. Every time the movie attempts to introduce a bit of science or technobabble, the movie stops because it makes no sense.
The danger is often silly and the rescue too far fetched. For example 5 dozens blobs of molten lava miss the minivan by centimeters, yet nary a one hits.
The pluses for this movie include:
1. no scrimping on CGI. Everything gets destroyed, parks, religious monuments, political monuments, cities, ships, airplanes, luxury cars, underground factories,...
2. It has a large cast. Even the bit parts are played by big name actors.
3. The child actors are quite believable.
4. Some reasonably interesting philosophical discussions about competition under conditions of scarce resources.
5. They play with stereotypes, then gradually dismantle them. Where else are you going to get a chance to see the aircraft carrier USS John F. Kennedy drift down the side of a mile-high tsunami and take out the White House? Big. Dumb. Fun. December 21st, 2012 marks the ending of the 13th b'ak'tun cycle of the Mayan Long Count Calendar, and it's also the last cycle of the Long Count. The Mayan Calendar ends December 21st, 2012. The 2012 Doomsday belief suggests that the Mayans foretold the end of the world at this time and, since the world is ending, there's no need to continue counting days or making calendars past that point. While that date would have had significance to the Mayans, there's no proof they actually believed the world would cease to exist. The ending of one calendar would start a new calendar, similar to how the current year ends on December 31st, but a new year is made at the same time. Some news articles published in the months leading up to December 21st, 2010, finally called into question the validity of the Mayan Calendar, stating that the end date of the calendar is recalculated to bypass December 2012 or that it had already passed. Director Roland Emmerich is known for his disaster films full of moments of comic relief. 2012 has a bit of comedy in it, but the majority of the movie is serious and sometimes quite emotional and dramatic. The scientists in the film state that the end of the world has started earlier than predicted; most likely during the summer period of 2012 and not winter, as newscaster dialog announces that the XXX Olympic Summer Games (to be held in London from the 27th July to the 12th August, 2012) have been suspended in the movie. Since the movie is about the end of the world, the majority of the world's population die, but many of the main characters survive. It has been mentioned that 100,000 people would be on each ark, plus some 10,000 Chinese workers. There are three of these ships in total, meaning that around 310,000 people survived. No. It's impersonator Lyndall Grant playing the part of Governor Schwarzenegger and reading his dialog for comic effect. President Thomas Wilson (Danny Glover) decides to stay behind while his staff boards Air Force One to escape the upcoming natural disasters. When a large earthquake strikes the nation's capital, the President, along with many others, is helping wounded citizens on the front lawn of the White House & everyone is knocked to the ground. After the President picks himself up, he sees a large tsunami carrying a aircraft carrier hurdling towards him. The scene ends as the wave and the carrier (ironically named the USS John F Kennedy CV-67) crash into the White House. Not really but Jackson (John Cusack) is probably meant to, in a minor way, symbolize Christ. Jackson's initials are J.C., and there are biblical references, such as his son being called Noah, and the arks are to help during the flood. He also leads a group of people away from danger to safety, which is a slight parallel to Jesus leading his followers to a new faith in God, etc. 2012 is based on a spec script (speculative script) co-written by director Roland Emmerich & co-producer Harald Kloser, indicating in the the end credits that the film was "inspired in part" by the book Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. The film borrows several themes and elements from Jules Verne's rarely known novelette "The Eternal Adam", which shows a distant future archaeologist called Sofr-Ai-Sr, who belongs to a completely different civilization from ours called Hars-Iten-Schu, and someday finds a manuscript inside an aluminum box, narrating how in May 24th, 2XXX, a limousine driver called Modesto Simonet, his scientific boss (who wrote the manuscript), other scientifics on a vacation, and several other notable men and their families in Rosario, Mexico, survived a sudden flooding from the Atlantic Ocean by the heroic act of Simonet, who drove a car as fast as he could towards the mountains. In a matter of hours, the whole American Continent sinks in the ocean, except for the small island that used to be a mountain. They are rescued by a cargo ship, and they wander in a futile search for land anywhere else, only to discover that the tiny island was growing every time they passed by. The manuscript author ponders on the fate of Atlantis, and points a parallel with his situation. This old document leads Sofr to think that his civilization is descendant from those survivors after a period of mass involution of the human race, and that they survived thanks to a whole new continent that raised from the bottom of what used to be the Pacific Ocean for the survivors, and for Sofr is the only existing continent. Also, Sofr theorizes that is imminent that another global flooding happens someday. While the movie is far from an adapted work, a small credit would have been used instead of that of Graham Hancock, given the obvious allusions, but the reason why it wasn't the case is not known by the public. The world was either not given enough time to finish them or there wasn't enough money to build them without drawing attention and causing panic. Also, the Captain of the main cruiser tells Anheuser that one of the other ships developed a technical malfunction and possibly can't be used during the evacuation.
The Hurricane Heist full movie in hindi 720p download
Color Blind in tamil pdf download
A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time download
Ambarsariya full movie in hindi 1080p download
Journey to the West movie in tamil dubbed download
Generation War movie mp4 download
the Knights of Badassdom hindi dubbed free download
Foodfight! full movie in hindi free download mp4
Rampage full movie in hindi free download hd 1080p
The Losers full movie 720p download